Frankfurt Pig

Thursday, July 26, 2007

tomorrow new computer

miei cari, tomorrow the evil demons of IT will take away my computer and replace it with a (hopefully) newer model. About time! So now I am deleting all the nice illegal programs that I had installed, before they fire me. This means that I will also remove messanger, hopefully I am intelligent enough to copy all the addresses, still send me a message so that I can copy you again once I re-install it. And tomorrow morning I wanted to go to the hairdresser, since anyway I have no computer; then my boss obviously decided to have a meeting at 10. Shit.
I've just finished reading a book from Tom Wolfe, "the bonfire of the vanities", which I bought in a second hand book shop in Washington. The book is a nice cliché story, with the rich white Wall Street guy with super flat and 40-year old wife that has an affair with a "foxy" lady and then they run over a guy in Bronx and hell breaks loose. That said, it's a nice read on planes, trains, cars (if you are not driving...). Only thing that pisses me off is that many times it sounds like a morality play. It's nice when you read these books to find out that actually life is much more interesting.
This makes me realize that it's been a while since I have read a book that I really enjoyed, apart from "l'utopia armata" which is a collection of real stories that happened in the 70s in Italy and made me want to go work at Fiat. Actually, now that I think about it, I also liked a lot "malgudi days" from RK Narayan, really nice, well written stories (thanks Kasturi). Please please send me some good titles.
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home