Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Washington

cari miei, as you can see I can now put titles again. And as you might have guessed from the title, I am in Washington DC, i.e. in the capital. I decided to come here and see the town instead of staying in Delaware and seeing the mall. My cultural level and my credit card thank me very much. I have just walked a little bit around and the town looks pretty nice. There is a lot of people around, which makes it interesting for tomorrow night. Now I will open my lonely planet and start figuring out what to see tomorrow. From what I've read so far, first of all the guy and girl that wrote the lonely planet are slightly democratic and vaguely anti bush. Vaguely. Really really a hint. Second, tomorrow night I will have blisters as big as watermelons on my feet, considering the amount of stuff that I'm supposed to visit and assuming that I will have to go around in flipflops, since it's going to be way too hot to wear sneakers. One thing I want to visit for sure is the International Spy Museum: must be really cool. Then I wanted to see the museum of American history so that at least I learn something but apparently they are renovating it therefore it's closed (shit). Well, since that is closed I will go to the one on the American Indians, which is supposed to be OK. Talking about Indian, the Indian restaurant that is on Connecticut Ave. is shit, in case you ever come to DC and fancy some Indian food. But it was amusing to hear the moron at the table close to mine trying to chat up this girl (with horrible shoes, really disgraceful) by telling her that despite being brought up as a wealthy spoiled kid he thinks he will change his life and live with other 3 people in a flat because at the end of the day money is not everything. This after having talked for half an hour about his trip in Costa rica and complaining that the girl he was with wanted to go to this local hotel instead than to the Hilton. Ridicolous. As they say, the mum of idiots is always pregnant.
I am reading that at the National Air and Space museum you can taste the ice cream that the astronauts get and touch a piece of moon: I go for sure. And then there are billions of art museums but unless it's very hot and I need AC I assume I will just walk around and see all this super big monuments, I wonder why I should come to DC to go see paintings if I have lived 3 and a half years in Frankfurt and haven't seen 1 single art museum there (and apparently they are really good).
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home