Frankfurt Pig

Sunday, June 08, 2008

German charme

miei cari, I would like to go to bed right now but Germany has just won the match against Poland and they are making a mess with the cars, so I could stay in bed looking to the ceiling and swearing at them (it's the first match of the European championship) or stay here and write. Guess what I chose. I guess Polish people right now are cursing whoever was at the government 20 years ago, since the guy who scored both goals for Germany was born in Poland and his parents emigrated around 20 years ago. Life is strange, sometimes. That said, tomorrow Italy plays and I am getting nervous.
Anyway, yesterday night we went to a wine fest somewhere close to Mainz. The place was really good, and the riesling was also OK (considering that we drank no less than 5 bottles and this morning I could still get out of bed without feeling like I had to puke my soul). Moreover, I once more experienced the charme of German men: basically we were at a table with our bottles of riesling in front of us when this old guy comes to me and starts whispering things in my ear. When I asked him to repeat, he came up with "when you have riesling in your blood, you fuck like a turkey". What made me wonder is: why like a turkey? Wikipedia does not seem to offer any solution to this doubt that has been tormeting me ever since: so, dear readers, if you have any clue why a turkey's sexual intercourse is so remarkable, please let me know.
And now, crazed Germans permitting, I will go get my deserved rest.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home