Frankfurt Pig

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

short week and metaphisical considerations


miei cari, some could wonder how Germany can still be on the top 10 of the industrialized countries with all the public holidays that we get. But, since I live here, I couldn't care less about the financial situation of the German state - as long as they keep on paying my salary and the state is more serious than in Italy. Which, unfortunately, is becoming easier and easier each day: please find above a picture of our minister for equal opportunities, Mara Carfagna. No, it is not a joke. And I took a picture where she is dressed. Santa Madonna. Now, it could be that she kept all her intelligence and expertise hidden and will be the best minister in the history of the Italian republic. However, given her first public speeches, I am getting more and more afraid.
Now back to important matters: tomorrow is the last day of work, then I will fly to Italy and hopefully meet with friends and have a manicure, a pedicure, a haircut, buy a shitloads of books (because yes I am reading this shitty business books but hell they all say the same thing), go to see concerts and possibly remember some of it. And try to understand if the situation is really as shitty as it seems.
In the meantime, let me tell you what happened last Saturday at Rodrigo's party. First of all, he got engaged!!! Very well done and we are happy for him. It is a bit strange to think of him as engaged, when he moved to Frankfurt we would have never guessed it. Secondly, next time I see some high heel shoes , with high averaging anywhere between 15 and 20cm, I'd better consider that being 1.74m tall I would feel like a giraffe and think twice about buying them (eheh, there goes your saying about short Italian women: kiss my butt! and you don't even have to kneel down). Thirdly, I had further proof that the world is full of weird people. Fourthly (I don't think this is English, but who cares) the clubs where bankers go suck, which makes me long for Berlin (or for any other town where less than 60% of the population is working in a bank, for that matter). And then on Sunday I had my first bicycle tour ever since I moved to Germany, Ana convinced me that it would make my hangover go away. Which sort of worked, apart from a terrible pain in my butt the next day. So overall everything OK and today I could also walk straight thus avoiding all sort of unneccessary gossip at work.
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home