Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, May 03, 2008

ich bin ein berliner (mit marmelade)

cari miei, I am eventually back in my flat after spending a couple of days in Berlin with my parents (being their 40th anniversary, I decided to have them do a German tour and meet them in Berlin). To be short: I LOVE BERLIN. And I haven't even been to the *cool*
places. Last time I was there was 2 years ago for the final of the world championship (really cool) and I strongly recommend going there. I used to moan about having money taken from my salary for the unification tax; after being in Berlin and seeing what they are doing with my money, I am very happy I gave it. The town is fantastic, full of history, nice things to see, nice people around with nice hairstiles and nicely dressed (which, being Germany, is basically a miracle), loads of bars, cafes, restaurants, art exhibitions and so on. Right now it comes first in my personal list of town where I would like to move. Fantastic town. I want to go back. And I also found a really cool radio, motor fm.


And for the non Germans or non-living-in-Germany: the famous sentence ich bin ein berliner was said in I don't know when by JF Kennedy. Unfortunately, though, noone told the guy that a berliner is a pastry, usually filled with marmelade (what in Italian we would call a krapfen). This to prove, once more, the truth of: good or bad, as long as they talk about me.

1 Comments:

  • Ciao Alba. It is not surprising that you love Berlino. It would be the perfect town for you, I completely agree. If you remind me, I can bring the cable I have for my camera tomorrow, it should fit ...

    Good luck and good night!

    By Blogger Captain Catan, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home