Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, January 26, 2008

here I am

miei cari, after a long slience here I am. The last couple of weeks have been a bit hectic, but overall good. I have now a new ipod, the big chunky 80Gb one. I have transferred around 1/4 of my CDs and I nearly used 10 Gb already. Thanks God I didn't buy the small fancy one, otherwise it would be full by now. You might wonder: why the hell did you buy an ipod? First, because they look good - even though the idiots don't produce white ipods anymore, ipods should be white and not this freaking rainbow of options they give you - but I assume this is what they call customization. Second reason: I was utterly bored of having CDs flying around in my car, so during the Xmas holidays I changed the radio in my car so that I can plug the ipod in and carry that alone instead of the CDs. Third: the exchange rate is so good that I felt idiot not to buy it. I am not sure about buying a cover for it (because since it's not white but silver it will get awfully scratched). We'll see. Other news is that the Italian government fell, so now there is a huge mess. And why did it fall? Because the Minister of Justice was nearly arrested, together with half of his family, for corruption. This is just to prove once more the points I was making in my last post. So after his dimissions there was a huge turmoil and his party did not vote for the government anymore. It is still unclear what will happen. We have 2 options: 1) they make another government, with a different majority, and let's see how long it lasts 2) we go vote soon. In both ways we get screwed, because sooner or later we will have to vote and our friend Berlusconi will win again and make a mess as usual. Amen. Other news is that last weekend we had a lot of visitors: Preeti and Sameer from Antwerp, Petero, Tina and Ahoo from Geneva. It was good fun and it's great to see that they are all OK. Other news is that Gaborno eventually decided to start writing on his blog again (about time!) so that I am not left alone. And now I'd better go get a shower so that I eventually leave the flat and stop putting stuff on the ipod. Ciaociao

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home