Frankfurt Pig

Thursday, January 31, 2008

back from Espain

miei cari, I have just finished reading Gaborno's blog, bloody hell when the guy starts writing noone can stop him. Bravo Gaborno!! As you might guess from the title of this post, this week I was in Espain, just came back. I practiced a bit of Spanish (I am baaaaaad) and enjoyed some proper food. Yesterday night we decided to go to my favorite place, Casa Josè: this place has a single menu, stuck on the wall, full of very interesting things. We ate like little whores (my dad's copyright): we started with snails, then navajas (kind of long seafood, ahhhhh they are good), gambas, more gambas, merluza, scampi, calamarcitos (fried and a la plancha), all sort of muscles and I can't remember what else. I loooove the place. The day before I had night shift so during the day I went shopping - wanted to buy shoes so I ended up with 1 skirt, 2 pull overs, 1 t-shirts with little white roses stuck on it and underwear. Then I bought a guide of the best Spanish wines of 2008, found 1 producer not too far from where I was and went there. I arrives to this little village, obviously noone was around and there were no signs. So I just waited until this car came, I approached the guy (who could only talk Catalan), I somehow explain to him that I wanted to buy some wine, the guy called the wine producer on the cell phone and told me to wait "there", pointing at a not better defined house in the village. So I just parked the car and waited. The wine producer eventually came, gave me a tour of the cellar, basically told me that I am sort of the first private person that comes to buy small quantities of wine (weird) so I ended up buying 4 bottles. Then today I asked the lady in the plant to give me some bubble wrap, sealed the bottles as best as I could in the parking lot (with the operators passing by and making jokes) and managed to ship the bottles - intact! - back to Germany. This together with 2 liters of olive oil and 3 pots of olive paste. I think a car tour of Spain is now required, so that I can ship back some proper quantities of wine. And I bought my first Spanish book, "en el nombre del cerdo", which means "in the name of the pig": when I saw the title I knew that it was the book for me :-) Now I'd better go to bed, I am a bit tired...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home