Frankfurt Pig

Sunday, May 13, 2007

could have ended better

the weekend, I mean. As you know, I was in Barcelona with Gaborno (aka Gabuerno) and today I had to come back to Frankfurt. Everything went fine until I had to leave. First of all I had left my luggage in the lockers in the bus station, and when I had to pick it up I was late so I got a taxi but for some unknown reason all the streets around the station were bloked, so after 5 minutes going around I left the taxi and went to the station by foot. Then I grabbed another taxi to go to the airport and I manage to find the slowest taxi driver in whole Spain. To make it short, I lost the plane. As the Fratelli Riguera used to sing: Vamos a fanculo, oh oh ohh oh oh! - for some reason it sounds different....
The only good part in this mess is that I found this super kind lady from Lufthansa that booked me a flight as cheap as she could (but still my new illy collection is postponed, shit) and she managed to put me on the 6:50 plane by harrassing the people on the gate because I was initially on waiting list. Another good point is that on Friday we figured out that some of our beloved raw material vendors simply forgot our order therefore tomorrow I don't have early shift in Euskirchen and tonight I can sleep in my nice little bed. Well, I still have to wake up at 6, but better 6 in my bed than 4 in a hotel.
Apart from this not so successfull end of Sunday, the day today had started really nicely. In Barcelona it was sunny and warm. Gaborno and I decided to go to the Palau de la Musica Catalana, which is a super cool place in pure art deco style. Reaaaaally beautiful. We get there and they tell us that we cannot get in for a visit because there is a concert. We start swearing but then we see that the tickets for the concert were only 10€. So we buy them, get inside, look at the place, make pictures (with the lady that caught Gaborno because you are not supposed to) and also listened to some nice music. It was the final of a pianist contest: there were 3 people in the final, each one playing a sonata for piano and orchestra. I liked the guy playing Ravel, Gaborno liked the girl playing Liszt. There was also another girl but she was going to play the same Ravel so we left. Best thing, and most surprising for me, is that Gaborno kept the tickets, approached 2 turists and sold them our tickets. And he's been living in Germany for years now! Amazing... Then we went to the Sagrada Familia, Gaborno seemed to like it a lot, I don't too much but for sure it's going to be great the time that they complete it (hopefully when I am still alive, considering that I didn't see much improvement vs. last time I was there, and that was the 2nd year of university).
Now I am here in Frankfurt, apparently this weekend there was the night of the skyscrapers, people told me that it's very beautiful but compared to Barcelona... Anyway, now from the window of my bedroom I can see - and unfortunately also hear - Sascha playing. Very nice that they make concerts in the big place that is in front of my house (perhaps at the end they really don't build anything). Hopefully though next time it's someone better than this shit.
ciaociao

1 Comments:

  • sorry to hear you having missed your plane - i hope the other ticket was not too expensive ... thanks again for the very niiiiiice weekend in barcelona. My trip back "home" was also not the best. I didn´t sleep as much as I wanted to so I am pretty dead right now ... see you in San Sebastian in two weeks from now!!!

    By Blogger Captain Catan, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home