Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, May 05, 2007

found it!

miei cari, I was looking for a video of the afterhours concert on the 1st May in Roma, since I read so many nice comments.
Eventually I found it, however for some unknown reasons I cannot post it directly from the freaking you tube, so you have to click on the link.
The song is called Dentro Marilyn, from the album Germi.
Listening to this song reminded me of my university years. I had just met Alina and she was telling me about this great group, afterhours. At the time they were playing Bianca, which was - and still is- a pretty crappy song, so I thought that Alina was a bit insane. However, after a bit I figured that she had nice taste in music, so I decided to go to my first afterhours concert with her. And this was the first of a long series, including the one at the leoncavallo where we drank a whole bottle of sangue di giuda (renamed sangue di tito), then I took twice as needed drops of the anti-cough codein-based bomb and ended up fainting during the concert, waking up on the front of the car with a Pakistan guy which woke me up with the tons of garlic he had eaten; and while I wanted to get back in he first offered me a coke, then "something special" which I kindly denied. This as the first one of a long series of interesting meetings I had during concerts, including the crazy kissers in front of us and never forgetting the Zio Fritz (why don't you come to the toilet and give me a hand job? ehm, no, thanks, but I can give you a cigarette if you want).
Basically, this group has been one of the soundtracks of my university years, never exceeding Marlene but getting close. And I also remember that interesting girl talk with Alina and Paulette coming back from Trezzo about maracas and fingers.
Basically this proves 2 things
1) they are playing great music, since the song before is from 1995 (12 years ago)
2) I am getting old

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home