Frankfurt Pig

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May 1st

Cari miei, today it's labor's day and, as a good worker, I woke up at 7:30 to learn how to iron shirts. I was nearly writing that ironing is the most boring and annoying job in the world, then I figured that perhaps if I had to pick dog's shit from the streets every day instead of working in front of a computer wearing my nicely ironed shirts I would rather appreciate coming back home and ironing. Well, all is relative, it seems.
My parents were here for the weekend (hence the ironing lesson), it's always nice to have them around. We went to the Palmengarten, I had never been there in more than 3 years, and it's really nice. We also bought some tons of beer, so that if it keep on not raining in Italy at least they don't die of thirst:-) They arrived safely at home and as usual they left some ton of food in the fridge, despite me explaining that I will spend the next 2 months all over the place (Spain, somewhere else in Germany, US, I don't know where else) so all this stuff is likely to get rotten in the fridge. I assume when you get a child part of your DNA changes and then stays like that forever, I will be 60 years old and they would still come and try to fix stuff in the house and make sure that I have enough food to feed an army. It's sweet - especially now that my mum does not try to "tidy up" my flat, meaning shifting everything and then it took me months to figure out where things were.
Today in Roma they have the big concert of the 1st of May. Obviously I cannot watch it, since I don't get Italian channels on my tv in Germany, but hopefully someone will be so kind to post something on utube or somewhere like that, especially the afterhours concert (apparently it was very good, or all the people on the blog on repubblica are their fans).
Now I go to bed that from tomorrow the rollercoaster starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home