Frankfurt Pig

Monday, February 19, 2007

signore e signori, THE LAMP!!!


Yesterday Patricia and her friend Andy took me to a desin furniture warehouse. Every quarter they have sales, and I was lucky to be in town during one of these days.
Result: I managed to find the lamp I was looking for for suuuuuucccchhhhh a long time. It is the FL/Y from Kartell, it is a big, round, transparent plastic bowl that looks like it comes directly from the seventies. I got it in red (like the one in front in the picture) and it will go above the kitchen table in the new house. And, on top, I paid it 104 dollars, which, with today's rate, are worth less than 80 euros, while even on e-bay I could find it only for 110 euros minimum. I will have to change the power cord otherwise I burn it, but that shouldn't be a problem. Now, I don't know exactly how I will manage to bring it back to Europe, but this is a minor organizational challenge.
YES! YES! YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home