Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, March 03, 2007

summary

miei cari, before I start talking, let me tell you that this morning I was reading a book about the Salento and thereabout and am now listening to Mr Bob Marley, feeling at university again and very willing to be there at the end of April.
Anyway, after I came back from Cincinnati I spent the weekend with my parents, who came visit me for the weekend. It is always so extremely amazing for me to see how well they cope with the fact that their only child (oh yes, I am one and only) went to live abroad, not that far away, ok, but still not living under the same roof and also not reachable with pure will and half an hour drive. Also, it is surprising how these people I really love are evolving as people, and as my parents as well. You meet them and 2 months later you see new ideas, new enthusiams, new strenghts, new quarrels, new concerns, new jokes, new hell-my-knee/back-hurts-shit-I'm-getting-old-but-fuck-I'm-still-coping, new affection, new perspective. 2 Persons, period. And great ones at that. This is what I call being lucky.
After this I went to Spain to work. It is always great to be working when you know that if you get out of the plant alive you will experience sunshine, warm weather, good wine, good food. And it was also amusing to find out how people think: I was having dinner with a colleague of mine and, in vino veritas, he started being very vocal about what he doesn't like, some of it with good reasons, some other points I would assume for inability to adapt to different ways of how people are, of approaching problems, of priority (at the end of the day). Educational.
And today I came back to the office, after more than 3 weeks, worked a lot, always being surprised of how little effort it now takes me to do things that would have taken me ages in the past, and how cool I can be on things that would have driven me crazy (you don't want to see that) 6 months ago. I am more and more feeling that the time for a change is getting closer. Let's see.
By the way, our ex-friend Carlos will be deprived of his Italian passport and a nice big jamon serrano will be stuck up his ass, as promised - not by the side of the bone, just to be clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home