Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, March 31, 2007

kerala!

Cari miei, I eventually managed to get an internet shop with an internet connection that can decently support writing on the blog, so now I am here eating cashew nuts and trying not to stay in the sun.
So, after Mysore I went back to Bangalore, while stopping on the way to see the old capital of the Mysore state (Tippu Sultan, the tiger of Mysore, yeah baby kick the english in the nuts). Then I flew into Kochi in Kerala and now I am in Kollam, from which I will leave today to go to Varkala: yes, I know, I said that I didn't want to go to the beach but I look like a truck driver (sunburnt on nose, cleavage, feet and half arms, up to the tshirt, all the rest white) so I want to get tanned a bit more uniformly and also to be able to jump in the sea to escape this weather.
So, some more considerations:
- the swastika, the symbol that the single-nutted nut and his friends used 70 years ago, is originally a hindu symbol, and it means a lot of very nice things. When you say, comes the european and screws it up.
- the communist party, or parties, most probably, are pretty big here in the south, you see flags and posters all over the place with hammer and sickle. It reminds me of pictures of Italy in the 70s (also considering the cars the go by).
- cashew nuts are really good
- I have a very bad problem, and that is that I found out that books are extremely cheap. So I have already bought around 10, which significantly increased the weight of my luggage. Red alert!!
- I really like the Ramayana, apart from the end: what the hell, you go and live in a freaking forest full of all sorts of demons for 14 years, you have to go with the army of the monkeys and bears to kill the biggest demon alive and most of this for your wife and then a couple of bastards talk behind your back saying that perhaps she made you cornuto despite the fact that you made her go through the fire and what do you do? You send her to the forest! Pregnant!! And when after a decade or so you find your kids and she's there you still don't want her because your fucking ministers would talk badly of you??? Commmeee ooooonnnnnn
- the food continues to be extremely good, but I really would like to eat some fresh fruit and vegetable however every time I am temped I feel like hearing Preeti's voice telling me that I will spend the rest of my holiday on the toilet and I force myself away :(
- bats are 5 times as big as in Europe
- the tight skinned pants to put under the kameez (or whatever it's called) are called churidar and I really like them , so I already have 2 pairs :)
- the kids tend to say Hi instead of Hello. Nothing bad with that, if only it didn't remind me of the way Britney Spears or some other idiot says it (hhhiiiiiiii with a cat-miaouing voice)
- labour here always seems to be extremely people-intensive ( at least 3 times as more people as you would get in europe to do the same thing) and extremely disorganized. I was in the state industry for silk production in mysore and i nearly wanted to scream for how inefficient it was.
- power cuts are pretty frequent but nothing you dont get used to, even though they should get some power generators in the Bangalore airport, at least not to give a bad impression to all this completely wrongly dressed American business men (and women, shit, you cannot go to India with such short skirts with big cuts behind that basically go up to your ass, heeellooooo)

now i finish chatting with Jaccko (by the way, if you didnt know it, he and Jasmina are getting married!!) and go get a taxi to the beach.
ciaoooooo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home