Frankfurt Pig

Sunday, March 11, 2007

frankfurt international

What the hell happened to the font sizes in this crappy blog????? I was using small and now I need to use tiny. The misteries of technology...
Little update. Today I was coming back home from the city centre when a guy runs to me and starts talking at light speed in German. Obviously I didn't understand anything, so I asked him to switch to English. He said that he saw me walking down the street and he thought that if he didn't come and talk to me he would regret it for the rest of his life. You can imagine my shock. This is Germany, men stare at you in clubs but still they don't chat you up. And this guy, out of nowhere, comes and says this. Problem is that I didn't like him so I froze him with a nasty comment. But still, things are improving.
Later, I went to Gültekin's birthday party. He and his wife are really nice people and it was pretty much amusing to see some pictures of when he was younger and wilder with long hair, earrings, catching fish half naked with a spear. Amsuing. And the food was excellent. Main course was some pasta, like the risoni we use in Italy for the soup, with tomato paste, on a layer of meat. Really tasty. And a salat of something that looked like bulgur, even though I am not sure that it was, with onions, tomatoes, parsley, pomgranate juice, lemon juice, cumin and another spice that I've never seen in my life. Really good (and I got some for tomorrow). And also a lot of other stuff, very good as well. Which reminds me that we need to organize a Italian-Spanish-Turkish food orgy event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home