Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, June 21, 2008

we get a small Preeti!!!!

miei cari, these last 2 days I had Preeti visiting. The very good news is that she will have a baby in December!!! I can't wait to know whether it's a boy or a girl (hopefully a girl, but whatever it is I don't care), so that I can getting all sort of junk for him/her. I am very happy for her and for Sameer. We should start thinking about embarassing names for the kid:-)
That said, here in Germany we are in full european championship frenzy. First of all Germany managed to kick out Portugal: too bad for Portugal, but to be honest if you are on average 15cm shorter than the other team you should really rethink yout strategy of trying to score with the head. The misteries of football... And then yesterday night there was an extremely boring game, Croatia vs. Turkey. It became interesting only in the last 2 minutes of the additional time, when Croatia scored, after 1 minute Turkey scored, they went to penalties and Croatia made a disaster (2 balls out and one blocked by the Turkish goalkeeper). So now next Wednesday there is going to be Germany vs. Turkey as semifinal, which could easily evolve into a civil war here in Germany. I assume I will leave my car in the company parking lot, before someone decides to scratch it (or burn it, you never know). The funny thing is that some extremely intelligent German newspapers are already boasting the fact that Germany will beat Turkey, which proves that the Germans really do not understand the basic rules of bad luck - while I assume Turkish people know them very well, I would like to know what kind of voodoo they made in the last 3 games to win like that - In the meantime Italy managed to beat France (thanks god), it also was a pretty boring match, even considering that the only decent French player cracked his knee in the first minutes and we got a penalty because a guy tried to kill Luca Toni in front of the goal - as if he would have scored...
And tonight we have Maria's bday party, with the clear objective of getting wasted completely. I think we can do that.
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home