Frankfurt Pig

Monday, June 16, 2008

entrepan amb fromatge

miei cari, I've just come back from Barcelona, and Turkey has just got qualified for the second round of the european football (the real thing, so if zou are American please read soccer) championship so there is a huge mess in the streets right now.
So what happened in Barcelona?
1. obviously! If you see a girl walking at 2 in the morning, when it's not very warm and they have washed all the streets (so you walk and you very likely end up in a pond), with a short dress, sleeveless, shivering from cold but perfectly made up, with perfect hairstyle, made by passing a hot iron for hours to make it straight - well, where does she come from? The US, obviously! If you see guys going around with an invicta backpack, making idiot comments - well, where do they come from? Italy, obviously! If you see a guy on the beach with a Borat swimsuit (or whatever you want to define that atrocious garment), making pictures and playing football with his balls banging right and left (and let me tell you, that is NOT sexy) - well, where does he come from? England, obviously! (even though we were thinking also about Australia and/or New Zealand, for very stereotipical reasons, like guys getting cheap beer and getting embarassigly drunk).
2. a chupito (trasnsation: shot) for free after you first drink is not a good idea. Especially if the first drink is a mojito with a shitload of alcohol inside. And the second drink, after the chupito, being a gin and tonic with way more gin than tonic.
3. after living 4-something years in Germany, you need to remember that your skin is not used to sun anymore. So you MUST put some sun protection. Or you end up with completely burnt legs (and tomorrow at work I will have to wear a skirt otherwise I cry for pain every time the fabric touches the back of my legs)
4. tattoos and piercings are cool - well, at least some of them - the question being: how can you have piercing in you lower back? You had a transplant?? Brrrr, scary
5. how do you make a tortilla de patatas (hopefully it is spelt wthis way)? I am not telling you, but now I know how (thanks Leire!!)
6. I bought the most fantastic and useless watch in history (looks very cool but you cannot read the time if it's not dark).
7. you are very wrong, as wrong as a coocoo hur from Switzerland. Because, dear ignorant readers, coocoo watches - those annoinng watches where a bird comes out making all sort of stupid noises every hour - is not from Switzerland but from the Schwarzwald (which, my dear super ignorant readers, is in Germany)
8. never bet when you are drunk (this is a lesson taught, not learnt, since I learnt a loooong time ago)
9. tomatoes need real sun to be good - so I am sorry my dear Dutch readers (assuming any Dutch people read this), but your tomatoes SUCK
10. my goal keeper has hands and feet like paella pans (and there goes your penalty, lousy Romanian player!)
11. it is painful when you figure out that you should have saved some money to go see Radiohead before - because, my dear readers, they are simply good.
12. it is too late to get a third earring on your left ear when you are nearly 29. Or also, if I anyway decide to get an additional one, I'd better get it far from the other 2 (good excuse that I have small ears).
13. bocadillo con queso, also called (in Catalan) entrepan amb fromatge (or, in English, sandwich with cheese) is f a n t a s t i c

I go to bed. Go, Turkey, go!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home