Frankfurt Pig

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Genève-Genf-Ginevra-Geneva

This weekend I went to visit Petero, Tina and Estelle in Genève (have you noticed the burst of culture of the accent? ehm, whatever...). Reason for this, apart from the pure pleasure of visiting some friends that have invited me trillions of times without me ever going, was that they had organized a Xmas party in Estelle's flat. Angry note: we were supposed to go there at least in 3 people. Some called it off for good reasons (Gaborno, un bacio), others simply didn't come. Shame!!
Anyway, on Friday I got my little Jean Jacques, packed with water, cigarettes and CDs and off we went. Actually it is not that bad to go to Genf, basically you take the highway in Frankfurt, you go straight down, you enter bloody Switzerland (my dear friends living there, I will tell you before when I make a lake out of it but I will make it, oh yeah, I will) and, oplà, you are in Ginevra. I also surprised Petero by arriving right at his place, he had offered to come pick me up at the airport fearing that I might get lost: Petero, sono un ingegnere io! :-) My 3 hosts were extremely nice, feeding me coffee in the morning when I woke up looking as if a train had run over and over and over me. You are darlings:-)
On Saturday we had a really nice breakfast at Estelle and then we went buying the last things for the party.
Envious note: both Estelle's and Petero+Tina's flats are reaaaaaally nice. Big, big balcony, spare room for guests:-), brand new and shining. I am impressed and now I want to change flat - or probably I should just change function...
So, on Saturday after the supermarket we went to the equivalent of the Zeil of Geneva, whose name obviously I cannot remember. I cannot really say a lot about the place, next time I will go around a bit more, nevertheless my first impression is that it looks like a smaller and more expensive version of Milano. Again, I might be completely wrong, but I'll come back and verify, especially now that I consider the guest bedroom as mine...
And then: THE PARTY! We prepared everything and waited for the people to come. At the end, I think we were around 30-40. The food was reaaaally good (next time you come here please bring some of the little sausages, they are gooood), the music also and not too loud so the dreaded police didn't come bother us. And, of course, we had tons of drinks, starting with glühwein and ending with beer, with some wine in between. I knew noone, so just chatted up everyone that entered the door, and the people were really nice. For some reason, they were basically all German, so I ended up being surrounded by more Germans there than when I am in Frankfurt. Strange. There are some pictures, starting from the nice ones at the beginning of the party and some weird ones of my boucing around close to the end. Petero, please send them to me so that I can screen:-) and publish.
This morning I woke up feeling kind of bad (see other post that I wrote right before going to Estelle's place for breakfast). Luckily, some nice warm bread, some salty French cheese (Estelle, you are right, it's better salty) and a boiled egg made me recover. I then got my little Jean Jacques and come back home.
Estelle, Petero and Tina: you were wonderful! Let me know when you come to ffm or to Italy so that I can organize something. Un bacio!

Note: mums are always right. I just listened to the voicemail and my mum left a message. She usually calls me when she's home alone and leaves these super lengthy voice mails, makes me believe that I really got a nice phone if it can hold so many minutes. Anyway, she said that Ginevra is a really nice town, "I mean, dead like all Swiss town, but it's nice". Apparently when she was 18 she came to a school that was right above the lake to study French for nearly 1 month, and one day she escaped, she went down on the &%$$ (something French which I don't understand) and went to visit it. This took 5 minutes, then the voice mail cut her off, before she could tell me that after that month her dad, i.e. my grandad Albino, called Bino, came to pick her up with my dad and they went around in Switzerland. Well, at least I already know what she's going to tell me next time I call her...

1 Comments:

  • Alba, sei un tesoro ... come soon again to visit us ... it was great having you here ;)))) and next time we go skiing!!!! Ciao ciao, Petero

    By Blogger Pitwid, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home