Frankfurt Pig

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

saludos desde playa del carmen

miei cari, as you have probably figured out by now, I am in mexico for holidays. The very good news is that eventually it stopped raining so I can get tanned. Which actually means that I got told that the sun here can really be harmful so I decided to get protection 25. Unfortunately, I sort of forgot to put it on my ass and yesterday I went snorkeling, with the result that my ass now looks like the reversed Japanese flag (as Ferndando very rightly defined it). That said, and that hurting, I am enjoying myself a lot. Yesterday we went snorkeling in Cozumel, which is this island in front of Playa del Carmen. The other guys decided to went diving but to be honest I couldn't be bothered so I just went for the easy one. It was nice, even though at the 3rd immersion I was already complaining (mentally, since if you try to talk you drink 1/2 ton of water with some fishes inside) that there should be some music so that it really starts looking like the old computer screensavers. Anyway, I saw a lot of fishes, like the yellow and black ones that looked like the ape maia (or biene maia if you are german), then some super colorful ones and some very edible ones (and I was thinking that next time I come with a net and then I cook them with potatoes). Then at a certain point I saw this big fish swimming away alone and looking sort of bored. I was nearly going to go there, give him a pat on the fin and offer him a piƱa colada when the instructor started going away and so I had to follow. We arrive on the boat and the instructor turns at me and asks me "so, you've seen the barracuda?" And I, since I am an ignorant "no, was there one?" "sure, the big fish that was swimming alone" and there came the moment when I wanted to go back on the island and never set foot (or piece of ass, which probably given the size is more appetizing) in the water again. So, ladies and gentlemen, Alba 1 : barracuda 0. Today we went to a natural reserve and swam in some sort of lagoon. And got eaten by mosquitos, but that's another story. Tomorrow we will go to see some ruins (so that you don't think that we only swim and party, even though there would be nothing wrong with it).
Best 2 things so far:
1. quesadilla con queso are very tasty, especially when I fill them with a ton of green chiles.
2. party life in playa del carmen is quite good, which should increase our chances of getting a lot of points (I will explain this story of the points another time).
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home