Frankfurt Pig

Monday, October 13, 2008

I am siiiiinging in the fog

miei cari, as you have probably noticed, I am back in Germany. So this morning I wake up, look out of the window and didn't see anything because of the fog. Considering that 2 days ago I was looking out of the window and I saw a clear blue sea, you can imagine how happy I am.
Anyway.
So what happened in Mexico? I have already told you about my encounter with the barracuda. After that, I decided that even snorkeling was too much for me and decided to just lay on the beach and get properly roasted. So now I have a very red nose (peeling) and a very red back (not peeling - yet). We also went to Chichen Itza, which is a big Maya site. This place was fantastic, and eventually I found a bookstore that accepts credit cards so I could get some junk books. One in particular was a nice piece of shit, basically saying that Mayas were a unique civilization because of the design patterns they used. And up to here it is an opinion and you can agree or not but it is still valid (and actually I liked the designs a lot, so I would also agree). The guy then starts ranting about the fact that the uniqueness was derived by the fact that the designs were taken from the patterns on the skin of snakes - he also calls it crotalic movement. And up to here it is still an opinion, a bit more bullshit than the previous one but still OK. The real problem is that he then starts arguing that because of this crotalic stuff the Mayan civilization has a much higher number of motifs than any other civilization. And, my dear, you just need to go to a mosque, a baroque church or a whatever Hindu temple and you find out that the guy most likely smoked a couple of cactuses before writing the book.
Anyway.
We also went to a natural park and while resting I nearly got killed by a treacherous coconut falling from the tree.
And we saw a really handsome guy, we started following him and we lost him, and ended up in the same club with another teenager trying to chat me up (and that made 3 of them).
And despite having 4 Spanish speaking people around me, after 1 week they were talking Italian (with Fernando nearly rapping on Caparezza) and the only Spanish I learnt was ahorita and quesadilla con queso y chiles (ahhhhh I love it!!).
So tonight I came home to do some washing and had the bad idea of buying an avocado to make a sort of guacamole. But I forgot that I am back in Germany, so the avocado was nearly as hard as the coconut that nearly crashed on my head and I dutifully trashed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home