Frankfurt Pig

Saturday, August 16, 2008

if I was a man I would be scratching my balls right now

Miei cari, I am at home and I am not doing anything (apart from writing here and sneezing every now and then). I was supposed to go to Irem's place at 2 with a pasta salad; then she called me saying that we will meet at 4 and I don't need to bring any pasta salad. So probably every other person would feel energized by these 2 hours more and would go out and do something. But, being lazy like I am, I just cherish the idea of doing absolutely NOTHING, until the moment when the lack of nicotine will make me feel crazy and force to get out of the place. Even though I could also smoke the cigarette butts... hmmm...
So now I assume I will have to find some interesting and deep topics to lure you into reading ahead. I could start talking about the Olympic games, but I don't give a holy shit and haven't watched one single game so far. If I don't care about skeet (which apparently is shooting clay pigeons with a rifle, so I don't know why they don't call it just like that) for 4 consecutive years, why should I start now? I could talk about my trip to Mexico, but since it comes in October I will have plenty of time to talk about it (note the nonchalance with which I drop the information and make you envious). So I am going to talk about the books that I read lately. There is this guy called Michael Connelly that writes thriller books. And, my dear readers, they are pretty good, so go buy them. It is refreshing, for a change, to find someone writing interesting thriller books, the ones where you have to read until the end to understand everything. Then I read a sort of anthology about serial killers: the book itself was sort of repetitive and mainly focusing on US serial killers, but one interesting fact is that it says that nearly all the serial killers showed 3 behaviours when they were kids - 1. they peed in bed even after being 12 years old 2. they like setting fire to stuff 3. they are little sadists (like torturing animals and the like). The pee in bed part of it is what I don't quite understand. As I also don't understand why I read this kind of books. Anyway. And, to finish, I read an Italian book called Ali di babbo from Milena Agus. It is a very nice book, which I recommend (to the Italian readers at least, I don't know if it is translated).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home