Frankfurt Pig

Friday, August 15, 2008

Ferragosto

miei cari, today is ferragosto. Ferragosto is the biggest holiday in Italy therefore, despite the fact that I live in an uncivilezed country where they don't have holidays for ferragosto, I decided to take a day off from work. Now, usually at Ferragosto it's damn hot and sunny, so you go out with friends and family, eat a lot and get completely wasted (which, apart from the seasonal weather variations, is what you are supposed to do during every holiday). This year, however, I decided to stay in Germany, so now I have my little sweater, the sky is gray and it doesn't look as if it's going to get better any time soon. So, in order to fight depression, I decided to:
1. get a haircut: now I have some sort of a bob, it looks ok, but let's wait until the first time that I wash it and dry it myself before the final judgment.
2. get a manicure and pedicure - not that I like getting a pedicure, actually I haaaaaaaaaaate it, but I felt ashamed of my feet in the last 3 days. So now I have very red finger and toe nails and I look like a woman again (in contrast with the truck driver you would have taken me for if you had seen my feet yesterday).
3. buy a very pink sweater - there is something with me and pink lately, I fear that suconsciously I am trying to transform into a pig.
I am also very proud of myself because I did NOT buy a bag for 230 euros. The bag was very furry and very pink (surprise!); unfortunately it was also very expensive. And there was also another one, very plasticky and very pink (surprise!!), but it was even more expensive. So let's wait for sales:) Or, knowing myself, for the next time I pass in front of the shop:(
So now I will clean my flat (perhaps) and then go out (assuming it doesn't start raining...)
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home