Frankfurt Pig

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

jet lag...

It's 4:50 in the morning here in Cincinnati and I have already been up for more than half an hour. Welcome to the magic world of jet lag...
Yesterday night we went to a place called Buca di Beppo to say goodbye to Patricia who has changed assignment. I will miss her and our conversations that always started with technical crap and ended up talking about shoes and men. But it's good to know that I will have someone else to hang out with whenever I come to Cincinnati. Go girl, crack them:-)
This Buca di Beppo restaurant is some sort of Italian family restaurant, meaning that you order 1 dish and by the time you have finished it you cannot fit in your trousers anymore. The interesting thing though is that the restaurant itself reminded me of my beloved Eifel Hotel: full of pictures, statues, things hanging from the walls,... The best part was the Vatican room: a big round table with a statue of the pope in the middle, pictures of popes and nuns on the walls and 2 big Venus statues just to make it spicier. Completely kitsh and sooooo amusing. Nice choice.
And tonight hopefully Heather's hot tub and a nice bottle of wine will be waiting for me:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home