Frankfurt Pig

Thursday, November 06, 2008

back from Frooonce

miei cari, I have just arrived back home from Froooonce, or, for those of you that don't know how to pronounce things properly, from France. So what did I do there? Work. But this time I will tell you something about what happened because it was pretty entertaining. So my colleague and I arrive in the middle of nowhere near Dijon (pronounced Dee-joooooooon) yesterday night and this morning we go to visit the equipment vendor. We arrive there and we are welcomed by the German sales guy - anonymous guy whose existance we will forget immediately - and then we get introduced to the owner. You might imagine the owner of a family-run company as an older man with gray hair thinning on the sides, white shirt and perfectly ironed suit. Well, being Froooonce, you would be completely and utterly wrong. So the guy is probably 45 years old, with long greyish hair, long sideburns, shaved last time 3 days ago, wears jeans and some very pointy cowboy boots. Basically, we go to talk to the owner and we end up with the twin of John Lennon. And then we go see the machine and the guy starts playing with it while smoking a gitane without filter. So after lunch we wanted to buy some fromaaaaaage and he takes us to this place, he tells us which cheese to buy (so now if I open my fridge I become blond again from the smell, this obviously before chocking to death) and then, since we wanted also to get some wine, he disappears and comes back after 10 minutes with 2 bottles of pinot noir grand cru from 1999 from his 3000+ wine bottles collection. This is life, madame et monsieur.
That said, tomorrow I will see how tired I am and then decide whether I will make a fool of myself or not. And then saturday we go visit our Preeti!!
ciaociao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home